Tuesday, January 12, 2016

On Line Dating Part 4


On Line Dating (Part 4)

 

Well, I think I am finally over the fascination of On Line Dating.  If you have read my previous blogs, you know that I have been pretty much staying on these sites as a form of entertainment.

 

I get at least 10 winks and requests for chats a week.  All o f these women (and there recently have been a few guys, who I don’t follow up with) have seen my profile picture (me in a hat and meatloaf t shirt and me dressed as Groucho) and find me extremely attractive.  Very Handsome.  You name it, I’m it.  Though their profiles say they are from California or Arizona, or other nearby states once I engage them, they are living in Ghana.  When I started this out, they were all in the fashion industry.  Seems Ghana has had its fill of fashion but it is the prime location for nursing schools.  They continue to be living with the parent who hasn’t died (in one case she moved to Nigeria with her Mom as her Dad died under suspicious circumstances and the mother was potentially guilty).  Or with an Uncle or roommate if both parents have died recently.  They’ve all been on the site for just a day or two and are looking for their soul mate.  And in every case, that’s me.  Within 24 hours they call me dear, or love (one girl insisted on calling me king).

My new strategy is to get pictures from them.  Oddly enough in 2 cases they sent me pics that were, well, let’s just say, not even safe for my work.  We end up on Hangouts.  Many want to text but I inform them that my phone is a company phone and I have gotten in trouble for using it for such things in the past.  One girl called me for a video chat but she and I couldn’t hear each other.  It was interesting as there was a video countdown line across the bottom of the screen.  “Well, love, I’d like to see and hear you but I need a new phone!”  Or webcam, or tablet

My internet connection is bad; send me money to pay for better (Ghana not known for strong internet serve).

 

One of my favorites (and this was after a nude shot from her, not me) was a young girl (she claimed 23) who had $900,000 in gold that she needed to transfer but couldn’t afford the documents.  Another had 500,000 pounds that only needed an empty bank account to transfer into.  “Couldn’t you just take one of your accounts and just leave a dollar in it?”  Last night took the cake.  No money, manager was mean, needed money to eat.  When I said no, she told me how she was going to starve.  I said no again and haven’t heard back from her.  Oh shit!!  Maybe she wasn’t a phony.


 

Oh wait, there was one that I told I had only met scammers (didn’t mention that they were neighbors with her in Ghana).  She asked how and I told her they wanted me to send money.  She proceeds to ask how much I sent.  I responded that I was too embarrassed to admit how much (don’t worry, it was nothing) and she continued to probe me for how much I sent.  Amazing.

 

One of my favorites came from Tinder.  She had actually moved to LA FROM Africa recently.  I got them coming and going.

 

Another girl on Tinder (and I think this one was real) told me that she was a struggling student and for $150 Id get the time of my life.  I honestly considered setting up a go fund me page (to raise the $150 and enough for a hotel) with her picture and caption it with “Help me help a struggling student”.  The other from Tinder was a woman who after on and off back and forth for 2 months told me that she wanted to be in a mutually beneficial relationship.  What was that, I enquired.  Seems I pay her an allowance and she takes care of me.  Again, pretty sure this one existed and was serious.

 

But alas, this bores me.  On to Trivia Crack

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha what a journey you've been.
    What matters most is that, you had never scammed🙂

    ReplyDelete