Tuesday, November 8, 2016

And yes, I am Still Pissed . . .

On the way to school today we heard a track from Return of the Jedi.  It's from the scene where Luke is heading off to confront Vader and Leia tries to stop him.  I will paraphrase as I did in the car as the music played.

"But you have a power I don't understand and I'll never have."
"Yes, you do .  The Force is strong in my family, my father has it, I have it, (long dramatic pause as he looks deeply at her and realizes they swapped spit a few years back) and my sister has it"
"Yes, I know, I've always knows (this is the point where Victoria yells out "and you still kissed him, ewww!")"
"Why must you confront him?  Run. Far away.  Get out of this place"
"No I must face him.  There is good in him.  I have felt it"

And then I lost it.  What the fu . . .  (I realized the kids were in the car) . . . hell!!  And look at that.  She doesn't understand it and never has it and he ends up running far away!!

Oh, damn, I have to get this out of my system!!

I'll say it again, it wasn't a bad movie, but it WASN'T a Star Wars movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment