Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Yep, still pissed

I'm driving the kids to school the other day and some music from The Empire Strikes Back comes on. 


Comes on?  Let me explain (cause God forbid I should make a comment without having to justify it).  I have a GPS in my car (not attached, separate Garmin unit) and it plays MP3's.  I put about 2700 tracks onto a micro sd (8gb) of various piece of my collection and play them , in alphabetical order (which ultimately is as random as shuffle without the darn thing resetting every time I turn it on), over usually about 2 to 3 months.  When it gets through everything, a new sd is inserted with some of the same music and some different stuff.  I might do themes (like as may Beatles recordings as I could find by both the Beatles and those covering the Beatles so we can do a compare and contrast, a bunch of music from Glee, radio serials, musicals -- comparing stage and movie, etc.).  Sometimes just a bunch of different stuff.   This one particular disc features a lot of stuff from the Star Wars movies, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, and more of a similar ilk.


So, I'm driving the kids to school the other day and some music from The Empire Strikes Back comes on.  It happens to be the scene in the Wampa cave, so as it's playing I'm doing the whole Wampa walking, Luke hanging upside down, reaching for the lightsaber, lightsaber barely moving, Wampa walking, lightsaber leaps into hand, Luke upright swinging saber and running out.  Took me all the way through "The Jedi Master who taught me." 
Okay, so most of this was at a red light and pretty much just me waving my hand around and making lightsaber noises and weak Luke utterances and a bad Obi Wan Kenobi imitation.  But my kids enjoyed it (when they weren't looking at each other and wondering how they got stuck with this guy for a father).




And then my mood went from levity to just downright pissed off.  I couldn't hold it in.  "So," I say to my kids and that audience that I believe is there because I truly think my life is just a series of TV episodes, "here we have the son of Darth Vader, Darth Vader, he who was so strong with the force that he was made of the midichlorians.  He who had a higher count than Yoda.  Here's his son, who has had a little bit of training from Obi Wan, a Jedi master, barely being able to move a lightsaber from the snow, a mere inches away.   Yet some random chick (I say stuff like that when I'm ranting) with no Force training almost bests the grandson of the very same fallen Jedi with all the midichlorians.  IT JUST MAKES NO SENSE!!!" 


"I MEAN . . . !!!"  They calmed me down.  Told me I have to stop thinking about it.  Love my kids.


But, I am still pissed.



No comments:

Post a Comment