Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Been Thinking. . .

Not about much, just things. 

First, I want to continue to thank those of you who have had the opportunity to read some of my literary attempts.  All three stories were really just written for me and it means a lot when I get the feedback that I do.  For better or worse, it' gotten me thinking about writing some more.

I work with this guy who keeps referring to the "Unnamed Story" as the one about the Pizza girl.  Oddly, I think about it that way as well.  So I'm seriously considering naming it There in 30 Minutes or Free.  Kinda sounds like it has a double meaning.

I'm also thinking about writing about where David is today.  The story takes pace in the mid 90's and he was about 30.  That would make him 50 now.  My guess is he probably has at least one kid, potentially a son, who lives with him.

He's not the suave debonair character he thought he was at the time.  My guess is he was married for a couple of years and that didn't take (love that line in the movie Dave).  Probably doesn't date that much or sets his sights where he would never meet woman.  I still don't think I'll like him and not sure I would have him end up with a happy ending (pun both intended and unintended).  Food for thought.

I'm still in the midst of the Widowmaker companion piece.  It's both harder and easier than I initially thought it would be.

And I'm still trying to find the story in me that started with this paragraph I wrote down about 6 months ago:


He stood on the small ledge extending from just outside his bedroom window.  Though normally scared of heights, Robert didn’t feel the least bit dizzy as he looked down at the crowd slowly forming, some 20 stories below him.  All he wanted were answers.  The questions were long ago asked and forgotten.  The answers seemed to be what still ran through his head.
 
 
So that's it for now.  Thanks again for visiting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment