Monday, February 9, 2015

Random, Just Random

Whew, well that's it.  That's the stuff I've written in the past.  I do appreciate those who made it through the 6 1/2 chapters of that story I've spent the last two weeks posting and I'm sorry it all ended up backwards but I'm still learning how to post this stuff.

And in case you are wondering, David from the Unnamed Story, is neither me or someone I wanted to be.  Sure when I started writing it there were definitely leanings but he just became such a pig.  David is more who I was about 20 years ago and yes, it was loosely based on a major crush I had at the time.  The Narrator of The Widowmaker is a dead ringer (pardon the pun) for me. 

Now for those of you wondering where the humor is, well, so am I.  I needed to get that first story out there, call it personal therapy, and then I actually had folks asking if I had written anything else.   The result, the last two weeks of stories.  And, I am feeling there are more to come.  I have discussed with a very good friend of mine writing a companion piece to the Widowmaker, from a third person perspective (it is the first thing I've written from a first person voice), in order to get more emotion into the piece.  Ive started on that.  I also, years ago, tried my hand at erotica (okay, there's the pun I should be apologizing for).  I'm thinking about a meager attempt at that as well.  I will make sure to caution the readers when and if I follow that through.  I also started writing a play in High School called "Living Through Suicide" about a guy who tries to kill himself, tells his close friends and girlfriend what he really thinks about them, and then, as the title denotes, lives to face the consequences.  I had the whole thing outlined (something I rarely do before writing) but fell flat when attempting dialogue.  May write that into a story.

So where, again, is the funny stuff?  Honestly, I just don't know.  Like things I have written, GGG'isms has taken on a life of it's own.

I hope you enjoy this.  If you do, feel free to share with others.  If not, my apologies, but please check back (if you'd like) as you never know what might spring from this mind of mine.  I rarely do.

G. P. Stickeler -- 2/9/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment